• Yes, I like it.

• No, I disagree.

• I don't really know actually.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LmfaoNo

Helper
Helper
Hey, hi, hello, yes,

So, my suggestion. I feel like current staff-application format doesn't really get enough information from the applicants. So why not add some questions.
Especially, this is something I had in mind: 'Tell us about a mistake you've made, go into depth about what happened and what you've learned.' This way you really get to know the user that's behind the other side of the screen. Basically an honesty check.

Some people will just write something like:
' I am a perfect person, I've got tons of experience, I never make any mistakes, and that is why I should be staff. ' But that just seems fake to me and if someone is able to tell you that they have made a mistake, and if they are actually honest about it, that just seems way more realistic to me.

And maybe there should just be another simple question something like: 'Why do you want to be a staff-member on Minesharp?'. Because sometimes people answer the questions very literal and you won't know why they wanted to apply in the first place.

Anyways, these are just my personal thoughts, do what you want with it. And have a great day!
~ Dutchy

evankek

Forum Pro
Personally, I think the format right now is fine.
It's at the point where it's not too short and messy, but not too long and unnecessary.
If someone's blatantly lying, it's fairly obvious to see. There are also other stages of the application where there's a deeper dive into applicant's characteristics and personality.