USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Click to join!

EU Dutchy's builder aplication.

Dutchy

- what is your minecraft username?
_dutchy_

- what is your current age?
My birth date is 04-02-2005 and am at a current age of 14.

- have you ever build on another server?
Well yes, i've build on a server called reeMC but was shut down a couple weeks before its official launch.
However i learned how to work with a team and learned about all world edit commands and how to put them to good use. There we're a total of three or four builders on that server at the time and we all had different styles, but because we worked together we we're able to make the theme that was requested. I like to build in all sorts of styles because every single one reminds me of a different advanture back in the og days of minecraft. Which gives me even more idea's for the build! I've got a private server with world edit commands on it aswell. I know this doesn't count as an official server with players on it, but i do learn alot from it because i make something different everytime. Even though reeMC never was an actual server i do think i've learned alot from it. Because again, you learn how to work with a team and learn more world edit commands every single time.

- why do you think you should be a builder on minesharp?
Because i have past experience in building on a server and not only that but can get along with most players on minesharp. Plus, i really want to help out the network to create an even better experience for the player. I think i also should be builder because i'm able to build in various styles such as:
* modern
* survival
* desert
* underwater
* space
* futuristic
* sky Islands (learned from minesharp :p)
*etc

And i'm fairly active ingame aswell, on avarege i'm online everyday in between 5 and 7 hours. (Of course there will be days that i wont be able to come online or in weekends i'll probably be online alot more).

- provide us with photos ,or even a portfolio of your best builds.
I'd like to give a description to every single build to tell you what the purpose of the build actually was.
So for the fist picture, this is a quick build I spend around 3 hours on to demonstrate that I know the commands of world edit. I decided to transform the simple nether portal and make a fitting landscape to it. I wanted to give it an advanterous feeling by adding trees, firepots, and a gate.
For the seccond picture, I decided to make a modern styled house. But it looked very unfinished when I thought I was done. So i added a custom tree and some leaves etc.
The third build is a house by an oasis. i made the house look very simple but it does fit in with the surounding landscape. another reason why i made it look so simple, is so it would look like someone just set camp there.
the next two builds we're made a year ago by me and my friend. However all the builds shown on the pictures are only made by me (because he made another part of the city). We we're going for a middle ages style so we made everything look old. but it did give nice feeling walking around the city.
edit: as requested i can provide you with some larger scaled builds which we're build by me a couple seasons ago on minesharp. (so without world-edit this time :p)
i've made the next build for Halloween, it's a dead tree with a spooky owl inside of it. i know it isn't really spooky but i tried my best haha. later on that season i made trees around it and vines on the main tree to give it an overgrown vibe, but i sadly couldn't find that picture.
The other build, i must say i'm really proud of if i do say so myself. is again a portal but this time with a volcano and two towers. the thing is though, i thought i actually lost this picture so i remade it (first picture) but hey, i found it so why not show it!
and another picture was made when i was 11 years old, probably one of my first builds actually. it actually was made for the purpose of a minigame which was popular a the time. it was called skin battle. but i won't really get into that because that is not what i'm here for. but i thought i'd still show it because it looks pretty decent.
hope these builds we're big enough. ;)
If you are interested in seeing more builds you can Always visit my sky Island on minesharp itself! /is warp _Dutchy_

- Things i'd like to add.
i hope the grammar in this apply was good enough to make it onto the build team! i've worked really hard on that over the past year. please keep in mind that i wasn't raised in english but in dutch. and lastly, thanks for taking the time to read my aply!

Last edited:

hitmanneke

Helper
Helper
Since the revamp of the website/forums the correct style has become more important to an application or thread in general. Was more of a fan of the old plain white background, makes it kinda more professional. Please get rid of the bold letters, okay the titles you can do in bold but the rest of the text change that. I personally like to work with two colors, questions in one and the answers in another one but that is totally up to you. Enough about the styling now...

Your way of building is rather simple which I kinda like since (like you also mention) it kinda brings you back to the old school Vanilla Minecraft. Also, I like how you try to place each build in its natural habitat. But then the question will be is "simple" good enough? Don't get me wrong you make decent stuff and it looks easier then it actually is, but I miss some larger builds. Because working on bigger things and for example, a spawn for a server brings a new challenge with it. The point is not only to make it big but also detailed and therefore I'm kinda curious how you deal with that sort of builds.

To wrap this up,
you have a with some style tweaking an overall decent application and I do like your building style! Good that you know your way around to use World Edit which is a very powerful tool but also be aware it is just a tool. The final touch comes from the person itself and not from World Edit.

Goodluck!

Dutchy

Since the revamp of the website/forums the correct style has become more important to an application or thread in general. Was more of a fan of the old plain white background, makes it kinda more professional. Please get rid of the bold letters, okay the titles you can do in bold but the rest of the text change that. I personally like to work with two colors, questions in one and the answers in another one but that is totally up to you. Enough about the styling now...

Your way of building is rather simple which I kinda like since (like you also mention) it kinda brings you back to the old school Vanilla Minecraft. Also, I like how you try to place each build in its natural habitat. But then the question will be is "simple" good enough? Don't get me wrong you make decent stuff and it looks easier then it actually is, but I miss some larger builds. Because working on bigger things and for example, a spawn for a server brings a new challenge with it. The point is not only to make it big but also detailed and therefore I'm kinda curious how you deal with that sort of builds.

To wrap this up,
you have a with some style tweaking an overall decent application and I do like your building style! Good that you know your way around to use World Edit which is a very powerful tool but also be aware it is just a tool. The final touch comes from the person itself and not from World Edit.

Goodluck!
Thanks for taking the time to reply hitmanneke!
I see what you mean by "is simple good enough" and i guess i could have provided you with some bigger builds. I've also edited my apply in general and made questions bold and in another color to make it more clear for someone to read. I think i have some pictures of bigger builds somewhere but i'll just have to find them haha.

Thanks for the advise ;)

VG

Forum Pro
These builds look epic. They fit in with the theme of Minesharp (specifically, a lot of them seem very similar to spawn), and they are overall just really nice examples of builds.

You're also a very good individual overall on the server, and you are always helping out around the server.

I wish you the best of luck, dutch.

-evan/swaayy/vg/whatevernobodyactuallycares

Dutchy

Thanks swaay, for always being here for someone (not specificly me). Thanks for the kind message! Truly means alot!

Dutchy. I Think u SHould Become Builder U are Wonderful and Building and Super Active And always trying to help people out like me. I Wish U Best Of My Lucl <3

Dutchy

Thanks tropic. You’re a very good person on the server aswell. Active and always ready to help! Means alot. :) <3