USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Click to join!

NA DoGrZ Staff Application

DoGrZz

What is your Minecraft username?
- DoGrZ

What is your Discord name/tag?
- TheMixedJuices(TheMixedJuices#7143)

How long have you been playing on Minesharp?
- I have played Minesharp since around S3-4.

How old are you?
- I am 18 years of age. Birthday being 11/16/2000.

What country and timezone are you in?
- I live in Wisconsin USA. US central time zone.

On average, how many hours per week do you play?
- I play around 70 hours at least per week.

Do you have any past or current moderation experiences? (Example: Owning your own server or being staff on another.) If so, how can you use that experience on Minesharp?

- I have been staff on plenty of servers. I do not know how much however I have been plenty of times. The most relevant one would be on Minesharp itself. I have been Helper-Mod multiple times. Now that I am back playing more often I want to get Staff back. Being a Staff member in past really helps set up knowing what to do and what not to do. Since I have been Staff on this server and played for such a long time. I know a lot about community. I know jokes to make and jokes not to make. I know how to take things serious when needed but also can joke around and get along with people. Joking around does not seem like a very important role. However I disagree. Being able to get along and have fun under the guidelines of the rules is huge. Having the community like what they see in Staff and enjoy their place on the server is big part of having people follow rules. If people like the Staff and if they can get along with them it is easier to make people follow rules etc.

What would you do to make Minesharp a better environment?

- The way I would make Minesharp a better environment as partially stated above is to bring a good vibe to it. Get along with members, joking around, while doing my job would be a great place to start. I would bring a experienced player/Staff member to the team. It really helps having people to know what they are doing. I would be here to help(Obviously) anyone that needs me in game and in Discord. I know it is not just about in game. I would be in Discord to help reassure people about Tickets and be a in game to make sure problems will get resolved smoothly. A big problem I see is issues being resolved but not very pleasant. Many people get angry and I will be there to help calm people down. Once again calming people does not seem like a big deal however if you can calm people down in chat is huge. Makes the community like the place a lot more. Calming down and bringing a good vibe can dramatically make people like to chat more and be more active. Its the whole "Customers are always right" deal. This may not be true but as a Staff member you have to have patience with people and make them feel like they are right while still following rules etc.

Why should we choose you as staff and not somebody else?

- I believe since I am active and I do have experience with being staff and got a good feel for community in past and present. Due to me being active all the time I will learn anything I do not know quickly I also will be there to always at least have someone online. I stay up late nights and I don't see staff online sometimes. Me being active will really help in those situations. Also being experienced you know what you are getting. Such as buying something in store if you buy something you want to know what you are getting. With me being Staff it is pretty straight forward. Also knowing community is huge. I have been around for a very long time and people know me. Being a Staff member people know is a big deal because then you can connect with them on a bigger level etc. This is some of reasons I believe I am better choice then others

Would like to finish saying thank you for reading and thanks for any advice you may have!

Last edited:

Silver

Helper
Helper
Hey!
Your application looks incredible. You've been staff on multiple servers. You've been playing Minesharp alone for alittle over a year now and you're incredibly mature in game. I see no grammatical, capitalization or shortness of detail anywhere. I believe you would make a very good helper on top of your insane activity!
Best of luck! -Silver

DoGrZz

Hey!
Your application looks incredible. You've been staff on multiple servers. You've been playing Minesharp alone for alittle over a year now and you're incredibly mature in game. I see no grammatical, capitalization or shortness of detail anywhere. I believe you would make a very good helper on top of your insane activity!
Best of luck! -Silver
Thank you so much! It means a lot! Hopefully one day Ill be working with you!

hitmanneke

Helper
Helper
Thank you for applying!

First thing i notice is that you talk about joking around and people getting angry. No offense but it still is clear in my mind how you acted when the release day of the new map. You were really getting irritated and kinda un patient about certain things that were broken. The staff was working really hard and even if it may look like nothing was changing we actually saw every request or bug report and did everything in our power to get it fixed asap. The reason why i bring this up is that it is the first thing i wonder if you would become staff would that change or do you actually see that as a part of joking around?

All by all your application looks good but since you have been staff on "plenty of servers" it would be great to see some more experiences you would use in Minesharp. I do see you around quite often so you are indeed an active player and since you play on times when some staff are not that would be a plus point, altho it is hard to cover the whole 24hours with active staff.

The last thing I want to add is;
Please do not take things personally because of what i said at the start. Just want to give as honest possible feedback, if i would have something against you i would not even bother to reply to your application.

Goodluck!

DoGrZz

Thank you for applying!

First thing i notice is that you talk about joking around and people getting angry. No offense but it still is clear in my mind how you acted when the release day of the new map. You were really getting irritated and kinda un patient about certain things that were broken. The staff was working really hard and even if it may look like nothing was changing we actually saw every request or bug report and did everything in our power to get it fixed asap. The reason why i bring this up is that it is the first thing i wonder if you would become staff would that change or do you actually see that as a part of joking around?

All by all your application looks good but since you have been staff on "plenty of servers" it would be great to see some more experiences you would use in Minesharp. I do see you around quite often so you are indeed an active player and since you play on times when some staff are not that would be a plus point, altho it is hard to cover the whole 24hours with active staff.

The last thing I want to add is;
Please do not take things personally because of what i said at the start. Just want to give as honest possible feedback, if i would have something against you i would not even bother to reply to your application.

Goodluck!
I am not taking it personal at all. Thank you so much for feedback. I do agree I was a little impatient. And I know for sure staff was working hard and will make sure I do not get impatient again.

VG

Forum Pro
it's like upping a thread so you can get more attention.

Your application is good overall, however if my memory serves me correctly, you've been somewhat immature at times on the server. A staff member can't really be immature, so if you've improved upon that it would be great!

Also, you said that you've staffed before, although I can't remember if you were demoted or if you resigned, and if you were demoted, do you feel as though you've improved upon what caused you to no longer staff?

Anyways, I wish you good luck!

DoGrZz

it's like upping a thread so you can get more attention.

Your application is good overall, however if my memory serves me correctly, you've been somewhat immature at times on the server. A staff member can't really be immature, so if you've improved upon that it would be great!

Also, you said that you've staffed before, although I can't remember if you were demoted or if you resigned, and if you were demoted, do you feel as though you've improved upon what caused you to no longer staff?

Anyways, I wish you good luck!
I do agree I was immature at times however when comes time to do a job I do it. The last time I was staff I ended up being inactive due to personal stuff so I resigned :) Thanks for advice :)

VG

Forum Pro
I do agree I was immature at times however when comes time to do a job I do it. The last time I was staff I ended up being inactive due to personal stuff so I resigned :) Thanks for advice :)
Ahh, okay.

Good luck!